Sunday, June 29, 2014

Strawberry Lime Smoothie with Bits o' Chocolate

This smoothie has been Logan's and my breakfast these past couple of days! So yummy. It's not hard to throw together a great smoothie, but since we are really digging on this combination I thought I'd share it!

One of the ingredients is chocolate chips, thrown into the blender to be dashed about and chopped up in the smoothie. Don't feel bad about adding chocolate to your smoothie... you're already way ahead by making the healthy choice of having this fruit and yogurt concoction for breakfast! The chocolate is just a teeny, tiny little reward for that.

Strawberry Lime Smoothie 
with Bits o' Chocolate

Ingredients:
1 5-oz. container strawberry Greek yogurt (we used Yoplait)
1 5-oz.  container key lime Greek yogurt (Yoplait again)
8-10 ice cubes
6 medium strawberries, hulled
1 TB semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Place all ingredients into a blender. Blend on high until all the ingredients are incorporated and mixture is smooth (add a little water or fruit juice if necessary to get things whirling.)
Serve immediately. Makes two 12-oz. servings.

Nutritionals per serving
Calories: 146, Total fat: 2g; Total carbs: 21g, Sugars: 14.9g, Dietary fiber: .8g, Protein: 10.2g

9 comments:

  1. I wonder how many calories this makes, I have been allowing myself 1200 for 18 months and my breakfast is usually 181. Sounds a good smoothie though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, I used a recipe calculator at Sparkpeople.com to go back and figure out the calories. I got a calorie count of 146 per 12 oz. serving. I added it to the bottom of the recipe. Hope it helps! Thanks.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Nancy. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. That looks really good! A great cool drink for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori, I bet you guys would like it!

      Delete
  3. That sounds great!

    My wife does go on a smoothie kick from time to time. I don't know if she's ever added chocolate chips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well she should! Tell her it was your idea ;) Thanks, Squid.

      Delete

After writing your comment use the "Comment as" pull-down menu to choose a profile ("Anonymous" is easiest, especially if you don't have a profile!) Thank you!